Activation status: INACTIVE
The Community Sharing Warming Shelter is currently INACTIVE. We are constantly watching the weather and could activate at any time. Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Our mission: to ensure that people experiencing homelessness in Cottage Grove and surrounding areas have a safe place to sleep indoors when it is dangerously cold outside.
- Warming Shelter season: November 1 to March 31
- Hours: 7 pm to 8 am
- Weather conditions: will open on nights when the weather is predicted to fall to 29 degrees F or below
- Location: 224 N 12th st, Cottage Grove, behind the Dari Mart at 1200 E. Main St, Cottage Grove
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Each shelter has electricity & heat, bed & bedding, chair, place to store personal gear
- Available: hot food/drinks, toilets and washing stations, smoking area, lockable storage lockers, bike and car parking
- Access to first aid supplies, clothing, referrals to resource agencies
- Frequent cleaning
- All personal data is protected
The Community Sharing Warming Shelter (CSWS) is an emergency winter shelter program administered by Community Sharing Program with support from the City of Cottage Grove and Lane County.
Our warming shelter is located on city property behind the Dari Mart at 1200 E. Main St. Our season runs November 1 to March 31. The shelter is activated when temperatures are anticipated to drop to 29 degrees Fahrenheit or below. The community and clients will be alerted 48 hours in advance of activations, and this website will be kept updated with our activation status.
Our site has 18 shelters and a maximum capacity of 38 beds. Our site is staffed by a dedicated team that has received harm reduction, crisis de-escalation, and conflict resolution training. While at the shelter, individuals also have access to hot food and material goods such as blankets, hats, socks, first aid supplies, and more. As a low barrier shelter program, CSWS welcomes everyone who wants to come in from the cold so long as they adhere to the program’s agreements and policies.
The CSWS is a confidential space. We do not share information about the people who access our services, or acknowledge that we know or have provided resources to a person, without a release of information from that person. Exceptions must be made for police and emergency services.
Want to know more? Want to access these services? Interested in volunteering your time or donating to support us?
Contact the Community Sharing Warming Shelter cell phone for activation updates: 541-674-3895
Contact Community Sharing and ask for Mike or Forest
Call us at (541)942-2176
or email us at email@example.com
Interested in volunteering? Fill out our volunteer application here: https://tinyurl.com/yd79rt5u
Want to donate material items? We are currently accepting donations for the following:
- Vinyl gloves
- Clorox wipes
- Masks (disposable and reusable)
- Tissues (both boxes and small packets to hand out)
- Hand sanitizer (both large bottles and small bottles to hand out)
- Raincoats and ponchos
- Warm hats
- Sleeping bags
- Hand warmers
- First aid kits
- NSAIDs (ibuprofen, aspirin, etc)
- Small mouthwash
- Shampoo (small)
- Conditioner (small)
- Ear plugs
- Lotion (small)
- Nail clippers/files
- Body Wipes
- Sewing kits
- Sugar packets
- Instant soup packets
- Instant oatmeal packets