“I am continually blown away by how helpful and kind everyone in the Community Sharing office is. Sometimes going in to get assistance can be a very damaging process, but not here – working with Community Sharing has been very healing and I am so grateful.” – Client
For more than 40 years, Community Sharing Program has been extending a helping hand to our neighbors in need.
In 1982, caring residents founded Community Sharing when a local lumber mill closed, forcing dozens of families into economic crisis. Today, more than 5500 individuals rely on Community Sharing to help them meet their basic needs, including:
- Food and pantry items
- Gently used clothing and shoes
- Housewares, paper products, diapers, and personal hygiene items
- Financial assistance for prescriptions and photo IDs
- Rent and utility bill assistance
- Wood for heating (seasonal)
- Free bus passes or gas vouchers for transportation to out-of-town job interviews and medical appointments
- Supplies for unhoused persons: laundry, showers, propane, tarps, blankets, sleeping bags (as available)
|Community Sharing’s mission is to provide for South Lane County community members’ basic needs with support, life-skill tools, and other resources that promote self-sufficiency.|
In addition to the goods and services it provides to people in need, Community Sharing also offers opportunities to participate in rewarding volunteer work in its food pantry, office, and community garden. More than 70 volunteers help keep the organization running smoothly year-round.
Community Sharing también le ofrece a la comunidad latina:
- Ayuda para llenar solicitudes y formularios de varios tipos
- Intérprete inglés/español para citas con personal de Community Sharing
- Selecciones especiales de alimentos hispanos cada mes
- Referencias a otras recursos en español
We’re Here to Help!
Executive Director: Mike Fleck
Pantry Manager: Joey George
Finance Manager: Suzanne Turner
Client Intake: Daniela Rodriguez
Client Intake: Britteny Schweitzer
Housing: Shauna Pierce
Energy Assistance: Marcy Andrews
Latinx Services : Daniela Rodriguez
Community Sharing does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity, ethnicity, marital status, or nationality. Community Sharing is a 501(c)(3) public charity and United Way agency, which relies on private donations, grants, and government contracts to fund its services. Part of Community Sharing’s Funding is provided by the Human Services Commission, the City of Eugene, the City of Springfield and Lane County.