At Community Sharing, we are always grateful for help in providing services to clients and for operational support. Below are some ways you could lend a hand:
- Donate Your Time: We need volunteers to assist with many aspects of our operations, including our food pantry and community garden. To discuss volunteer opportunities, call 541-942-2176.
- Donate Food: Emergency food box distribution is a large part of our service to the community. As a result, we are in constant need of protein foods, Ensure-type drinks, infant formula and baby food (must be within stamped usable date), and even pet food. Garden produce is also always welcome. Please, no “windfall” foods – foods that fall off a tree due to overripe conditions or windy conditions.
- Donate Clothing: We accept practical, lightly-used clothing for children and adults. Please make sure clothes are clean and gently used.
- Donate Money: Our agency relies heavily on donations from the public to continue to provide our much-needed services. Because we are a non-profit agency, your donation is tax deductible. Please visit our donate page to donate online to Community Sharing. It’s hassle-free, easy, and your donation goes directly to help the many residents of the Cottage Grove area that we serve.
- Donate your services or items: We would love to partner with businesses or community members who could offer much-needed services to our clients. For instance, donated haircuts or additional items off our current wish list. Give us a call at 541-942-2176 to discuss the possibilities.
- Underwrite an event or program: Another opportunity to show your support is through the donation of money to support a specific event or community outreach program. Our active board plans several fundraisers throughout the year and could always use financial support to widen participation or spread the word about our services.